Subscribe To our E-Newsletter
Iran’s Khamenei Number One on Top Ten Anti-Semitic Slurs List
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is number one on the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s list of Top Ten Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel Slurs.
Referring to Israel as the “rabid dog in the region,” Khamenei also said: “Its leaders look like beasts and cannot be called human,” according to the list released on Dec. 31.
A clearly late addition to the list was NBA star Tony Parker, who the center called on to apologize for performing the anti-Semitic quenelle salute. Parker apologized on Dec. 31. Parker was coupled with European sports venues, which the center said are “hijacked for hate.”
The anti-Semitic Hungarian Jobbik Party was also included on the list. It cited Marton Gyongyosi, the deputy leader of the group, as calling for a registry of all Jews in Hungary as a security measure, and quoted him as saying: “Jews are trying to build outside Israel. There’s a kind of expansionism in their behavior.”
Several groups calling for boycott, divestment and sanctions on Israel shared one spot on the list, including the American Studies Association, Roger Waters and The United Church of Canada.
2) Prime Minister of Turkey Recip Tayyip Erdogan
3) Richard Falk, United Nations special rapporteur on Palestinian human rights
4) Supporters of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions movement
5) The Jobbik Party
6) Those who view Hitler as a hero (including Lebanese singer Najwa Karam, Dutch social worker Mehmet Sahin and others)
7) Cartoons that defame, such as those by French cartoonist Zeon
8) The Pine Bush, N.Y., school district
9) Writers showing the power of the poison pen: Alice Walker and Max Blumenthal
10) European sports venues