Middle school and high school students from Delaware Valley public, private and parochial schools are invited to participate in the 40th annual Mordechai Anielewicz Creative Arts Competition. The contest honors the memory of a young man who lost his life while leading the Jewish revolt against the Nazis during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943.
Students are encouraged to submit entries reflecting one of the following themes:
• Cultural Resistance: Art, Music, Poetry and Education
• The Experiences of Children
• Life and Resistance in the Ghetto</blockquote>
• Life and Resistance in the Concentration Camps
• Communities of Conscience: Rescue During the Holocaust
• The World Watched in Silence
• Liberation and Its Aftermath
• Are You Your Brother’s Keeper?
Prizes will be presented to the top entries in the categories of creative writing, music, visual arts and creative dance.
Each student must submit an individual entry form which is available on the web at: www.jewishphilly.org/Holocaust . Submissions should be sent to: the Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, 2100 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA 19103.
The deadline for all entries is March 8.
For more information, contact Beth Razin at 215-832-0536 or email: email@example.com .