“Transforming communities and changing lives,” the slogan that defines Federation’s Mitzvah Mania, is more than mere words. On Sunday, Nov. 11, some 2,000 community volunteers performed countless acts of tzedakah and tikkun olam.
All throughout Northeast Philadelphia, the Main Line, Center City, Bucks and Montgomery counties, and the Delaware Valley, men, women and children of all ages took time away from their weekend activities to make a
difference in the lives of others.
Working in conjunction with our community partners: PECO, Rebuilding Together Philadelphia, Inc.; Shop Rite; Einstein Health Care Network; Animal Lifeline, Inc.; and Krispy Kreme, Mitzvah Mania volunteers:
• Repaired and renovated eight homes and spruced up an entire neighborhood;
• Stocked our Mitzvah Food Project food pantries with toiletries;
• Prepared 3,000 breakfasts for older adults;
• Winterized 105 homes in Northeast Philadelphia;
• Helped distribute 10,000 energy efficient light bulbs to all who participated in the flu immunization clinic at the Klein JCC. These bulbs were also given to homebound older adults, members of the Russian community served by the Kaiserman JCC and Northeast Philadelphia homeowners;
• Gave a “paws up” to homeless dogs and feral cats … and much, much more.
Special thanks goes to the sponsors who made this 5th annual celebration of good deeds a success: Blank Rome LLP; Canada Dry Delaware Valley; Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park; PECO; ACME; ShopRite; Susanna Lachs Adler and Dean Adler; Foodarama; Just Born; Case Paper; Pinnacle Premium Promotions; and Zukerman Honickman.
Together, we truly can accomplish extraordinary things!