Kehilat Hanahar, “The Little Shul by the River,” is all about the 21st century, yet grounded in tradition.
Since our founding in 1994, we have created a dynamic and unique synagogue and Jewish community here in the historic heart of the Delaware Valley, serving members from across Bucks County and Mercer County, N.J.
As a Reconstructionist congregation, we are committed to:
• Practicing Judaism in a manner that is relevant to modern Jews who still desire to maintain a connection with our historic yet ever evolving civilization.
• Defining Judaism as more than a religion. For us it's an evolving civilization encompassing history, literature, art, music, land, and language.
• Building a multi-generational and diverse Jewish community.
• Creating in our synagogue and our vibrant community a means for affirming the ideals of our tradition, in both worship and in deed.
• Instructing our young and old in our history, tradition and Torah.
The synagogue is led by Rabbi Diana Miller, who succeeds the founding rabbi, Sandy Roth.