Judith Creed Homes for Adult Independence
Judith Creed Homes for Adult Independence (JCHAI) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to educate individuals with special needs so they may achieve their fullest potential and live full and rewarding lives.
JCHAI provides a supportive community for adults with developmental disabilities that fosters independence, growth, and a sense of safety, belonging and trust. JCHAI accomplishes our mission by:
1) Providing homes and apartments as well as supervision of persons who live in their own homes;
2) Offering environments that promote Jewish customs, traditions and values;
3) Encouraging the highest level of independence and productivity through life skills training and other programs that improve each resident’s quality of life;
4) Adapting to the changing needs of our residents through different stages of their lives;
5) Helping our residents access support and services through ongoing relationships with other organizations;
6) Working with families to enable the independence and personal growth of our residents;
7) Creating the opportunity for friendship and community through organized activities both within the JCHAI family and with other organizations;
8) Garnering community support and understanding for JCHAI and our mission;
9) Striving to provide housing and services for adults with developmental disabilities without regard to their financial ability; and
10) Making our services available to all persons who are developmentally disabled on a non-discriminatory basis.