Subscribe To our E-Newsletter
i2i – I’m going to Israel
“i2i - I’m going 2 Israel” - is a new project designed especially for 8th graders
Brought to you by Gratz Jewish Community High School and
Sponsored by Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
“i2i - I’m going to Israel”, a unique educational and travel program that caters to the interests of 8th graders. Developed expressly for teens who have not been motivated to continue their Jewish education after a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. The program will give participants a meaningful, emotional and focused taste of their heritage by first offering participants interactive educational experiences in the Philadelphia area, then a ten day experience in Israel + educational and leadership programs during their 9th grade year.
The goals of “i2i - I’m going to Israel” include:
- Encourages teens to continue their Jewish education
- Builds the relationship between teens and Israel
- Strengthens Jewish identity and increases teens’ desire to participate in additional Jewish educational/community programs.
- Gives teens an opportunity to meet peers and form meaningful social connections over time.
- Engages teens in a long term experience, as this special program offers more than just a trip.
“i2i - I’m going to Israel” Program in a nutshell:
- First Year 8th grade: Five monthly experiences including two overnights to learn about Israel and create opportunities for your teen to get to know other teens in the program.
- Summer 2013: A 10 day amazing trip to Israel.
- Second Year 9th grade: Educational experiences where teens learn Hebrew, create a memory book and video, learn more about Israel and become a leader in his/her community, plus spend 2 overnights with trip friends!