The Lower Merion Synagogue was founded in 1954 by four families committed to the development of an Orthodox shul and community in Lower Merion.
It was the township’s first Orthodox congregation. Under the leadership of Rabbi Abraham Levene, the shul grew from a small group of families to a membership of 350 families.
Our community has grown with us and now numerous local institutions support and serve Orthodox families.
Today, with Rabbi Avraham Shmidman as the Morah D’Asra, LMS continues its membership growth and the synagogue has thriving multiple daily minyanim, a dynamic and exciting youth program, and shiurim, daf yomi and other educational programs that attract people from all over the Philadelphia area.