Beth David Reform Congregation


    Beth David Reform Congregation was formed in 1943 though the dedication and tireless efforts of Rabbi Samuel Glasner (z'l) and was the fourth Reform temple in the Philadelphia area. Rabbi Glasner used his personal funds to launch the Wynnefield congregation, and with $500 purchased the necessary advertising, music, and prayer books.

    For thirty-seven years Beth David remained in Wynnfield. In 1985, Beth David acquired a school and land in Gladwyne from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The school was originally used by St. John Vianney, whose rectory still stands in front of the synagogue. On May 2, 1986, the congregation dedicated its present sanctuary.
    The congregation has since grown to include almost 400 households and has enlarged its facilities with a beautiful new building whose grand reopening was the fall of 2011.
    Today, Beth David's spiritual and liturgical leaders are Interim Rabbi Beth Kalisch and Cantor Lilia Kazansky.