Advertisement

Community

The best resource for Jewish events and the Jewish community in Philadelphia

perelman.jpg

‘Spokes’-Person Stops Off at Stern Center

Mix the letters in Tom Peled’s (top right) last name and you almost come up with what he does to promote good health in...
heroes.jpg

Holding Out for Some Heroes

The National Liberty Museum celebrates the heroes of history and, with its Heroes of Liberty Gala, more contemporary figures. Along with TD Bank, the...
tobin.jpg

Newsmakers the Week of 12/06/2012

Moriah Tobin has just been cast in the lead of Annie, the award-winning musical being performed in a joint production by Beth Sholom Congregation...
nmcarel.jpg

Newsmakers the Week of 11/29/2012

David Carel, a 2009 Barrack Hebrew Academy grad now a senior at Yale University, has been selected as a 2013 Rhodes Scholar, just one...
25th-anniversity-of-the-freedom-march-for-soviet-jewry-at-the-national-mall-in-washington.jpg

Brotherhood’s Apex: Soviet Jewry March

Twenty-five years after freedom, our local Russian-speaking Jewish community remains strikingly separate — culturally, educationally, religiously and geographically. It’s time for Philadelphians to take...
Josh-Shapiro.jpg

How the Soviet Jewry Movement Changed My Life

I’ve often been asked why I chose a career in public service and what the impetus was for such a life decision. I’ve often been...
25th-anniversity-of-the-freedom-march-for-soviet-jewry-at-the-national-mall-in-washington.jpg

A Historic Moment

Twenty-five years ago this week, some 250,000 Jews descended on Washington to demand freedom for their brothers and sisters trapped in the Soviet Union.  Twenty-five...
Lithograph.jpg

Penn Libraries Receive $8.5 Million Judaica Collection

The University of Pennsylvania library system has received a private donation of more than 11,000 items of Judaica documenting the social and economic development...
stooges.jpg

The Secret Summer

NYUK, NYUK, NYUK The small office park tucked off of Bethlehem Pike in Ambler gives no outward indication that it contains the DNA for at...

The Aleph List November 2012

This story originally appeared in a special “South Jersey Spotlight” section of the Jewish Exponent.