Advertisement
Home Community

Community

The best resource for Jewish events and the Jewish community in Philadelphia

Playwright Describes Latest Work

Elkins Park native and playwright Timothy M. Kolman discussed his new play The Roses in June with the Furer-Barag-Wolf Post 126 of the Jewish...

Students Attend Rally

Students from Jewish day schools in the Philadelphia area participated in an Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) Appreciation Rally in Harrisburg on May...

Lower Merion Synagogue Hosts Former Knesset Member

Former Israeli Knesset member Rabbi Dov Lipman addressed Lower Merion Synagogue on “Behind the Scenes in the Knesset: My Life in Israel” on May...

Museum Honors Two Area Teachers

The National Liberty Museum’s Teacher as Hero Award program honored on May 6 South Philadelphia High School counselor Emily Goodman with its grand prize,...

What Gift Should I Get a New Philadelphian?

Dear Miriam, I live across the country in California, but a good friend from high school is moving to Philly to work in academia. Do...
IMG_0275.JPG

Video Series Explores Jewish Philadelphia, Then and Now

Along with the flowers, May brought Jewish American Heritage Month. And in celebration of the month-long tribute to Jewish-American life, the Yiddish Book Center in...

Allan Jay Shaftel, Former Jewish Federation CFO, dies at 86

Allan Jay Shaftel never forgot anything. With five children aged 36 to 63 and 10 grandchildren aged six months to 31, he managed to give...

JFRE Holds Record-breaking Legends and Leaders

On Fri., May 5, the Jewish Federation Real Estate group (JFRE) held its sixth annual Legends and Leaders at this year’s new venue, the...

Jefferson Announces Respiratory Institute

Jefferson Health Center and Denver-based National Jewish Health announced plans to create the Jane and Leonard Korman Respiratory Institute for the care, treatment and...

Odd Fellows Celebrate 7,000 Meals

The Independent Order of Odd Fellows celebrated the preparation of its 7,000th meal since 2014 at KleinLife in Northeast Philadelphia by cooking a special...