Advertisement
Home Community

Community

The best resource for Jewish events and the Jewish community in Philadelphia

Inaugural 5K Draws More than 100

More than 100 people participated in Kehillah of Chester County’s inaugural Shalom 5K run, 1-mile walk and family fun day on April 2 at...

JRA Passover Food Distribution Marks 199th Event

Numerous volunteers helped the Jewish Relief Agency (JRA) on April 2 with its annual Passover food distribution. The distribution is expected to help feed...

Dealing with Toddlers at the Seder Table

Dear Miriam, I have two 2-year-olds coming to my seder this year, and I was wondering if you have any suggestions for making Passover meaningful...

Comedian Don Rickles Dies at 90

Caustic Borscht Belt comedian Don Rickles — who married a Philadelphia native named Barbara Sklar — died April 6 at the age of 90,...

Teaching Students to Become ‘Upstanders’

Imagine the “typical” day of today's 16-year-old: going to school, studying, making plans with friends, using the phone, maybe learning to drive. Now consider...

JEVS Celebrates 75 Years

More than 500 people attended the JEVS Human Services Gala at the Hyatt at the Bellevue on March 27, celebrating 75 years of JEVS...

KleinLife Holds Nutrition and Wellness Fair

RSVP Philadelphia’s Nutrition and Wellness Fair at KleinLife in Northeast Philadelphia benefited several hundred area seniors at no cost on March 22. Participants learned...

Day of Understanding Fostered at Perelman Jewish Day School

Perelman Jewish Day School played host on March 27 to a group of Israeli Arab and Jewish high school students and their teachers from...

Israeli Consulate Official Addresses AJC’s Latino-Jewish Coalition

Consul of Media Affairs Shimon Mercer Woods of the Israeli Consulate in New York, a native of Venezuela, spoke about Latin American and Israeli...

Newsmakers, the Week of April 6, 2017

Longtime member and former president Barbara Rosenau received the Temple Sinai Sisterhood’s WLCJ Torah Fund Woman of Achievement Award on April 2 in recognition...