Advertisement
Home Community

Community

The best resource for Jewish events and the Jewish community in Philadelphia

A Timeline of Cemetery Vandalism Targeting Jewish Burial Grounds

“Desecrated.” “Vandals Tear Through Cemetery in Phila.” “Vandalism at Cemetery Stirs Communal Concern” These are all headlines about the Mount Carmel Cemetery, which has been thrust...

How Do You Address Political Issues in an Apolitical Office?

Dear Miriam, I work in a completely apolitical office doing an apolitical job, but I find myself at work thinking about politics all the time...
JFCS Sq Logo2.png

JFCS Offers Tips on How To Speak With Children Regarding Traumatic Events at Jewish...

The bomb threats at Jewish day schools and Jewish Community Centers may have proven traumatic to some children, so Jewish Family and Children’s Service...

JFRE Event Goes ‘Out of the Box’

On Feb. 22, JFRE (Jewish Federation Real Estate) held its Out of the Box and Outside the Core: Developers Transforming Neighborhoods event. More than...

Professor Discusses Israeli Education

Ben Gurion University of the Negev professor Adam Lefstein presented “Better Than Best Practice: Capitalizing on Challenges in Israeli Education” during a Feb. 8...

Philanthropists Meet with JRA

Four local philanthropists met with members of the Jewish Relief Agency (JRA)’s board of directors and the Chevra on Feb. 21 at the JRA’s...

Local Attorney Presents Award to Supreme Court Justice

White and Williams Senior Counsel David H. Marion, who is national chancellor of Tau Epsilon Rho Law Society, presented on Feb. 11 the fraternity’s...

The Obligation of Everyone to Work Against Hate

Dear Readers, When I woke up Monday morning, I thought I was going to answer this question: "In light of the desecration of a Jewish...

Boxer, Trainer, Promoter Marty Feldman Dies at 83

In the often-shady world of boxing, where double dealing and deception are typically the rule rather than the exception, Marty Feldman’s word was his...

Jewish Federation Innovation Grants Fund Fresh Approaches to Building a Brighter Future

While fortified by Jewish tradition and 115-plus years of experience, the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia is also continuously looking for new, cutting-edge ways...