Einstein Medical Marks its History

0

Philadelphia Mayor James Kenney and other dignitaries were on hand when a historical marker was placed on the grounds of Einstein Medical Center to commemorate its start as the Jewish Hospital. The original Jewish Hospital, a 22-bed farmhouse in West Philadelphia, opened in 1866, before moving to its current location on Old York Road. In 1952 it was renamed Albert Einstein Medical Center when it merged with fellow Jewish hospitals Mount Sinai Hospital and Northern Liberties Hospital.